Re: Mizzen furler

Patrick McAneny

Ann-Sofie, I am guessing that is the same one documented in Bill's book and it was the furler/swivel for the genoa .I saw that and thus saw that a plug needs to be removed allowing the bearings out in order to separate the parts . It appears that the mizzen swivel is of the same design. Diane and I met you and Jonas probably five or so years ago in Prickly Bay ,hope you guys are doing well. Diane showed me your new interior,looks great.
Thanks ,
Pat
SM Shenanigans

-----Original Message-----
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Jun 9, 2020 9:48 am
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Mizzen furler

There is a document in the file section with a lot of pictures when we renovated our svivel.

Hälsningar
Ann-Sofie Svanberg
S/Y Lady Annila SM232, 1998

Skickat från min iPhone

9 juni 2020 kl. 14:23 skrev Courtney Gorman via groups.io <Itsfun1@...>:

Hi Pat the Mizzen furler is not greased I would try rinsing with copious amounts of fresh water maybe even soap and water first and watch what comes out of the bottom drain hole this may take care of your problem before begining a larger project.
Cheers
Courtney
Trippin
54 #101

-----Original Message-----
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Jun 9, 2020 8:19 am
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Mizzen furler

I have a problem with the mizzen furler not able to rotate 360 degrees. I have determined that the problem is within the swivel part of the furler. It will rotate freely ,but then binds up and needs to be forced to be able to rotate. I need to take it off and separate the two parts , I assume the bearings have degraded . When I slide it down and off the foil will ball bearings fall out ? How are the parts separated ? Has anyone done this before. I will also try to disassemble the gearbox to clean and grease it while it is off.
Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.