Re: Need help in Palma

Jim Watkins

Call Paul Hamel of Tides Marine. Takes care of boats and looked after my Amel when it was in Majorca. 34 618 81 2242

On Jun 9, 2020, at 8:58 PM, Doug Smith via groups.io <dugsmith98@...> wrote:

Thanks, I appreciate the ideas.  I searched the SSCA, of which I am a member, and there are no hosts in Palma.  A couple of hosts in the Canaries, but no one in the Balearics.  Don’t post on Tran-ocean.org.  This is a pretty fluid situation, and I spoke with the crew a few minutes ago, and have them staying another 24 hours.  The shipping company is telling me the ship is upright and they have unloaded most of the ships.  I am hopeful for more clarity by morning local time.

We are most concerned that if we change out crew, it will mess up the loading and customs for the ship transport.

If there was a fellow owner, stuck in Palma, it would make sense to switch out crew, but trying to identify and find a new crew on short notice (hopefully) might be worse.

Doug Smith

S/V Aventura, Amel 54-113

Currently Palma