Re: Bow Thruster Siezed

Ellen Cahill

Today was a big day, it came out!

The boat was on a pier that dries out, so made it easier. I secured block of wood inside around the shaft. Then below the boat lifted up the thruster and pulled down. I had tape around the shaft and after about 20 goes it started to slide out. Bill noted that it appeared to have come out somewhat previously, I wasn't sure about this as I hadn't marked it properly from the get go. But I think it was likely a combination of  multiple attempts and lots of lubricant.

Time to take it apart, empowered with Kens video. Thanks everyone!

Ellen
Saol Nua
Amel Mango #45