Re: YANMAR 4JH3-HTE Diesel Engine RPMs drop and then it quits

Mark & Debbie Mueller

To bleed the air out of the Racor after installing the new filter slowly open the Racor shut off valve allowing fuel to slowly gravity feed from the fuel tank into the filter bowl.  I let the filter sit for a few minutes to allow any air in the filter element to escape, bring the fuel level to the top of the bowl, and put the cap on filter.  I open the bleed screw at the Volvo and use the hand pump to insure that no air is in the system.  I have done this when when changing the Rcaor by itself and when changing the Racor and the filter on the Volvo,  No problems so far.
--
Mark Mueller
Brass Ring  A54