From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of karkauai via groups.io
Sent: 19 June 2020 00:33
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Heave-to

That's correct Victor. A bit less than we were sailing with before we hove to, because the winds were picking up.  Leave the jib sheeted in and tack without changing jib sheets (backwind the jib) then turn the helm hard upwind and tie it off there.  Then go aft and bring the Mizzen traveler up at least half way to windward. You may have to experiment with how much jib and Mizzen you have out, and how much the Mizzen traveler needs to be brought upwind.  I never could make Kristy slide directly downwind with theain out even a little...she always sailed forward out of the slick at 1-2 kts.

Kent

Kristy

SM 243

On Jun 18, 2020 4:01 PM, VICTOR MOLERO <victor.moleroxx@...> wrote:

Hello Ken and Iris.

I am very interested in the heave to operation. I understand from your mail that you only used a bit of jib, a third of the mizzen and the main down. Is this correct?

Thank you in advance.

Victor

SM #314 Alendoy

--