Re: Heave-to

Porter McRoberts

Great discussion. Thank you!
Kent and Iris, where do you carry your dinghy?  Forward?  Our 9.5 foot is upside down on the aft cabin roof, the poop deck. There’s a good bit of windage. I’d imagine we’d use less mizzen then. How does the dinghy affect things?
In our 20k miles I’ve never gotten our boat to slide backwards when hove to. We always forreach a bit. I’d love to get that slick out front.  Thanks for the great discussion.

Porter
IBIS A54-152.

On Jun 19, 2020, at 10:34 PM, Craig & Katherine Briggs SN 68 Sangaris Tropic Isle Harbor, FL via groups.io <sangaris@...> wrote:

Hi Mark,
Not sure I understand positioning the chafe protection over the "forward main halyard". Did you maybe mean the "forward lower shroud"?
Cheers