Re: In or out of gear?

smiles bernard

Thanks all

I was not so keen on freespining for the reasons James mentioned an a sense of wear and tear

I’ll definitely go for reverse !

Many thanks all

On 24 Jun 2020, at 13:50, Aras <aras.grinius@...> wrote:

I agree with Gerhard.  Should have no effect

Aras
Sharki #163 1988
Daytona

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 3:36 AM Gerhard Mueller via groups.io <carcode=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Some times ago was a discussion about gear shift while sailing. Most Amel have a sticker beside the gear level saying never have the shift to forward while sailing and engine off.
My understanding is there is no difference for the prop if turned by sailing or by current. So if you don't want a turning prop while at anchor shift to reverse or whatever your sticker say.
I do have a Hurth gearbox with the sticker saying NO forward while sailing and engine off.
--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60

--