Re: Installation of Electric oven with induction cooktop

Barry Connor

Hi Michael,

Yes you are correct, the top of the oven that attaches to the gimballs can be removed from our Eno. I might finish up buying separately an electric oven and induction cook top and attaching both to the separate gimballed frame. Our microwave is working fine and I think the inside of a convection microwave would be too small to have under the cooking hob.

Thanks again for the photos, I am getting some good ideas as I don't think I can buy what we want.

Very Best

Barry and Penny
"SV Lady Penelope II"
Amel 54  #17
Sainte Anne anchorage Martinique

On Friday, June 26, 2020, 6:20:08 PM EDT, michael winand via groups.io <mfw642000@...> wrote:

Nebo sm 251, we have recently been through the process,  the original Aeg grill, microwave blew up, the diode went bad.
We didn't like the way the gas oven performed,  I still wanted to have the option of the gas hob.
I fully removed the old oven and totally dismantled it, not really difficult to do. The stainless steel sides were folder under to make an enclosure for the top, removed from the gas control for the oven.
Then used stainless rods to hang the oven under the gas hob, the oven we chose is the Whirlpool 6th sense,   jt479  larger than the old one ,door opens down, great cooking results.  The gimbal works on the original points, there's enough clearances for heat to escape around the area,
Regards Michael Winand  Elaine

On Sat, 27 Jun. 2020 at 3:10 am, Barry Connor via groups.io
<connor_barry@...> wrote:
Thank you,

The oven looks small in your photo, 35 litre is much bigger than our Eno 25 litre.
What is the brand name and model, I will look it up online.

Very Best

Barry and Penny
“SV Lady Penelope II”
Amel 54. #17
Sainte Anne anchorage Martinique

On Jun 26, 2020, at 12:57, Annsofie & Jonas Svanberg <ann-sofie@...> wrote:

Our oven is 35 liters, that is bigger than the Eno gas oven.
Havent cooked for that many people yet, with the new oven. But with the old one I easily made a 4 kg turkey. So it shouldn’t be any problem with a big roast. And if, cook the roast on the BBQ outside instead.

Regards
Ann-Sofie & Jonas
S/Y Lady Annila
SM232, 1998

Skickat från min iPhone

26 juni 2020 kl. 17:38 skrev Barry Connor via groups.io <connor_barry@...>:

Dear Ann-Sofie and Jonas,

Thank you for the photos, that is one way to make this project work.

I have just found that the New Amel 60 has the Miele electric oven with induction cooktop.(Too big for the space) If I can not find the solution Penny might want upgrade to the Amel 60 instead of the upgrade to lithium. Could be very expensive!

Do you find that your electric oven is big enough? Could you do a Roast Dinner for 6 people using your oven?

Thanks again for the photos.

Barry and Penny
"SV Lady Penelope II"
Amel 54  #17
Sainte Anne anchorage martinique

On Friday, June 26, 2020, 11:58:44 AM EDT, Annsofie & Jonas Svanberg <ann-sofie@...> wrote:

Yes, and then we have made a gimbled stainless steel fram to hold both cook top and oven.
<image0.jpeg>
<image1.jpeg>

/Ann-Sofie & Jonas
S/Y Lady Annila
SM 232, 1998

Skickat från min iPhone

26 juni 2020 kl. 16:44 skrev Barry Connor via groups.io <connor_barry@...>:

Hi Anne-Sofie and Jonas,

Thank you for your message.
I see that Delos got a Convection Oven, it looks like a counter top model. Is this what you have?

Very Best

Barry and Penny
“SV Lady Penelope II”
Amel 54. #17
Sainte Anne anchorage Martinique

On Jun 26, 2020, at 11:28, Annsofie & Jonas Svanberg <ann-sofie@...> wrote:

We have changed to the same cook top as Delos and then we added a convection oven.

To support with electricity we have 5x367W solar panels and a wind generator.
Our inverter is a Studer 4000W but we have not changed to lithium batteries. Still using wet golf cart batteries. And it is working perfect.
We runn everything except dish washer, washing machine and AC on the solar.

If we want to watch a video in the evening, using video projector and a mini PC, we are running the diesel gen to not drain the batteries to much.

Normally after a night we have used about 65Ah that is re-charged around 11 am.

Regards
Ann-Sofie & Jonas
S/Y Lady Annila, SM #232, 1998.

Skickat från min iPhone

26 juni 2020 kl. 16:17 skrev Barry Connor via groups.io <connor_barry@...>:

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your note.

I did see a Delos video where they changed to Lithium. I could not see that they replaced the old LP gas oven with an Electric oven which had the Induction cooktop attached.
I already have a portable induction cook top which is fantastic. What I am trying ti find is a combination electric oven with the induction top attached which will fit into the same space as the Eno fitted LP gas oven. Force 10 sell an electric oven with regular electric cooktop hob which fits the space exactly. Miele have an electric fan forced oven with an induction cooktop, this unit is too big for the space.

Very Best

Barry and Penny
"SV Lady Penelope II"
Amel 54  #17
Sainte Anne anchorage Martinique

On Friday, June 26, 2020, 10:36:41 AM EDT, Bill Hall <billhall95688@...> wrote:

Check the Delos website. They did what you are looking to do

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 7:20 AM Barry Connor via groups.io <connor_barry=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
The electric consumption on our Amel 54 is getting high as we are now full time on our boat.
We are ready to change to Lithium and also change from LP gas.  Planning to install a 5000w 230v charger/invertor
Can anyone advise on a suitable change over from our ENO LP gas oven/LP gas cooktop to an Electric oven with an Induction cooktop. Has anyone changed the gimballed LP gas oven/LP gas cooktop to a gimballed Electric oven with Induction hob cooktop?
We are looking for a replacement that will fit in the same space. Our searches are only showing electric oven with electric cooktop that will fit, we can not find anything with an Induction Hob Cooktop.
Does anyone know why we can not find this combination
Would it be possible if necessary to get the electric oven and then attach or change the top to an Induction Hob Cooktop?

Appreciate any help and advise.

Very Best

Barry and Penny Connor
"SV Lady Penelope II"
Amel 54  #17
Sainte Anne anchorage Martinique  (Still here and happy at this very nice safe bay due to Covid-19 restrictions)

<image1.jpeg>
<image0.jpeg>