Re: A54 fridge circulation pump

Arno Luijten

Hi Scott,

Hope you are doing well. I've looked into this problem as well. I tried to find an alternate waterpump but the 12 Volt/1-1.5 Amp requirement is not easy to satisfy. Replacing the motor with a brushless one is a very clever idea. Finding a suitable motor is not so easy though. Most of them require some external controller making installation complicated and a bit prone to errors. Also I'm not too happy with an untested motor/controller combo. What happens if this goes south somewhere in the Pacific. So careful selection of fuses is the least to do for this solution.
Personally I would love to find a motor suitable for this application with integrated controller but I'm still searching. Until then I just keep a number of these Flojet pumps on stock and live with the life-expectancy.

Regards,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121