Re: New Thread on A54 fridge pumps (ATTN: OLIVER Vela Nautica)

Scott SV Tengah

Unfortunately Marco has been tried. I have purchased one and so did Thomas on Garulfo (A54). I believe it lasted him less than 3 months and was noisy as hell. He spoke to their engineers and they agreed it's not an effective solution.

Oliver responded to me via email and apparently the brushless motor he used prior eliminated the brush wear problem but then the cheap bearing failed! He is working on a plug and play solution using a more robust pump.

I am also in contact with March Pumps to see if we can find a brushless motor from them that will somehow fit in the Flojet pump head. The huge advantage with the Flojet is that it's quiet and replacement diaphragms are cheap, if/when they fail.

Jamie - please try to figure out the adapter though. If we can get a 4mm round shaft to work with the Flojet 8mm pump head D-shaped shaft input, we can use a proven March Pump.
--
Scott
2007 A54 #69