Re: New Thread on A54 fridge pumps (ATTN: OLIVER Vela Nautica)

Jamie Wendell

I installed a bi-directional Marco pump in the starboard locker (along with fuel supply connections) so that I could transfer fuel into and out of 20-liter yellow jerry cans. I also have a bladder tank I mount on the aft deck for long passages. I can transfer into and out of it as well.
If anyone is interested I could take a photo or try to draw a diagram. It works very well, and is far, far better than lifting the jugs and pouring them into the tank spout.

By the way, the brushless March pump I am considering "cannibalizing" for the refrigerator pump is attached in a pdf file. We would want only the motor and not the pump, since the pump is centrifugal, and would likely be a problem in the refrigerator service as the boat bounces around, although we could certainly try it.

Jamie
Phantom, A54 #44