Re: New Thread on A54 fridge pumps (ATTN: OLIVER Vela Nautica)

Teun BAAS

Hi Ruslan,

Yeah – I have been looking at that; there is also one which does 7 gallons per minute.

Thanks

Best Regards Teun

AMELIT A54 #128

June 29, 2020 16:18:21

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ruslan Osmonov via groups.io
Sent: Monday, June 29, 2020 15:57
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] New Thread on A54 fridge pumps (ATTN: OLIVER Vela Nautica)

Hi, for fuel transfer I recently discovered siphon hoses with shaker primer. Very easy to transfer from jerry can, fast and the most important, you don’t have to lift and pour and wait for it. Not much to break either 🙂 

So far it’s been great. 

This is an example of what I’m talking about. 

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 4:14 PM Jamie Wendell <mysticshadow54@...> wrote:

I installed a bi-directional Marco pump in the starboard locker (along with fuel supply connections) so that I could transfer fuel into and out of 20-liter yellow jerry cans. I also have a bladder tank I mount on the aft deck for long passages. I can transfer into and out of it as well.
If anyone is interested I could take a photo or try to draw a diagram. It works very well, and is far, far better than lifting the jugs and pouring them into the tank spout.

By the way, the brushless March pump I am considering "cannibalizing" for the refrigerator pump is attached in a pdf file. We would want only the motor and not the pump, since the pump is centrifugal, and would likely be a problem in the refrigerator service as the boat bounces around, although we could certainly try it.

Jamie
Phantom, A54 #44

--

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.