Re: Dessalator Duo watermakers - energy saving tip: don't use 230v if you can avoid it

Jamie Wendell

Almost wish I had the duo system after looking at those numbers. I only have the 230 VAC version.,,,,,,,
The good news is that it has been pretty reliable - the only issue I had was the mounts for the low-pressure pump (replaced in Martinique) and the high-pressure switch failing (also replaced). I also replaced the HP hoses, as the covering seems to go bad pretty fast.
I am due, though, for a membrane replacement (second time) - not a fun job for sure. I have the new ones ready to go.
Jamie
Phantom, A54 #44