Re: sm 53 vs 54

james Hosford

I'm sorry In America so that would be 200,000.  54's are going between 450,000 and 500,000, conservatively you can get a 53 for 200,000 less than that.  Purchase cash is separate from cruising cash, it would be nice to move that much over to the cruising amount but not necessary.  I will be retired when doing this and have good pensions coming in, the boat will be paid for.  So it does turn into, well get the more expensive boat with the nicer layout, you can't take the money with you vs is it really worth the extra money just get the 53.  Or even the 53 is better and you just don't know it yet....etc

Sorry if this offends anyone I'm not trying to be crass or offend any of our international friends.  Just weighing my purchasing options and asking questions and seemed like the group wanted to know more about my situation to be able to help

On Thursday, July 2, 2020, 01:48:28 PM CDT, Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

James,

IMO – both boats are great boats. They have multiple advantages over other production yachts. Both will get you from A to B safely.

You don’t state where you are located (200g is not a currency). I’m assuming you are USA. If so, Bill and Joel are great resources. If not, in Europe Olivier Beauté is a person to contact.

Regarding the 200g, if you are full-time cruising, this will go a long way to being able to take tours, eat out, marina stays, trips home, add a dive-tank compressor etc. For us, this is about 3 years cruising budget. But then again, this amount of money might not be that important to you.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us