Re: sm 53 vs 54

james Hosford

Thank you so much for the info it is greatly appreciated.  

I forgot about the staysail a lot of 53 owners have said the wish they had one 

On Jul 2, 2020, at 4:17 PM, Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...> wrote:

I would definitely take Bill up on his offer. If we had access to Bill’s knowledge at the time we purchased our Amel, we would have had a much steeper learning curve.

Happy Sailing;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

AMEL 54 #099

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of CW Bill Rouse via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2020 10:51 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Notification <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] sm 53 vs 54

Both the SM & the 54 are good Amels. There are differences, advantages, and disadvantages.

You may not be aware, but I offer 1 hour free consulting to non-owners of Amel yachts.

Maybe you should check this out.

Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 

View My Training Calendar

On Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 12:38 PM Ian Park <parkianj@...> wrote:

James,
The majority of us have probably only owned one Amel. A lucky few will have upgraded to a newer model. There is much expertise in this group about each model, but I don’t think there is a font of knowledge about comparisons of pros and cons between each model.
I think you need to do some more personal research and then ask some specific questions about the ones you are interested in.

Good fortune with your research. Whatever the result, you will like most of us, be very happy with the AMEL you choose.

Ian

Ocean Hobo, Santorin 96

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.