Re: Head Sail Furler

seafeverofcuan <seafeverofcuan@...>

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "simms@..." <simms@...> wrote:

Danny on SM 299.
Does any one have information on servicing the headsail furler on the Super Maramu 2000? Large amounts of grease suddenly dropped out of ours when we were furling. We were on a passage from Ft Lauderdale Florida to Rhode Island New England so continued to use it with care and it worked OK but now we are in port we need to strip it and check what has happenned.
Cheers to you all
Danny
Danny,
I had a similar problem last year in Spain. Amel told me that the grease is not actually from the furler but from inside the foil which needs to be removed approx every twenty thousand miles and regreased.
I have probably sailed a further ten thousand miles South, where it has been much warmer and have had no further problems and still have not replaced the grease.
I hope this is of some help.
Regards,
Trevor Lusty
Seafever of Cuan