Re: sm 53 vs 54

galacsea galacsea

We owned a 53 (2000 version) for 12 years. With her we spent 4 years going around the med, one year in the red sea (primarily for diving) and cross the pond to spend 3 years in the Caribbeans where we sold her. We then bought a 54 in Greece and went around the world with her (live aboard) from 2014 to 2019. Both are excellent blue water vessels. I prefer the 54 for its more modern hull shape (8 to 9 Kn),  giving you a true owners' cabin, more space in the front part (a double bed & 2 singles), 3 fridges, a real stay sail.....if money is no object