Re: Boar speed om Amel SM200

There is not a simple answer to your question, but there are answers. There are 3 general choices and several more that will work:
1.) Replace the sonic speed SOW sensors. Several owners have indeed bought new sensors recently
2.) Add a B&G-compatible paddlewheel through-hull transducer for speed (SOW)
3. Add a SOG to SOW NEMA 0183 converter and everything works fine, except you cannot calculate "set & drift," but unless you plan to rac your SM, you will not need to know these.
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sun, Jul 5, 2020 at 2:33 PM Slavko Despotovi <slavko@...> wrote:

Hello,

I just become the owner of SM 2000 hull nr. 279. Name Bonne Anse. Boat speed is not working. Surveyer Oliver said that problem is in sensor. Any experince if I would change with sensor for depth, temperature and speed sensor?

Thank you,

Slavko
SM 2000 279