Re: Slap Silencer

Steve Bell s/y Dusk SM378

Hi All .
An alternative to the noodle is to go to your local plumbing store and purchase  copper pipe insulation.

These are the same as a noodle but with a hole already through it, the material also seemed more dense than a common swiming pool noodle.

We did this on our previous boat and puy some light chain through the insualtion for weight.

I havent tried it on Dusk yet but will get around to it sometime in the future but it worked on our previous yacht although not a 100% it certainly reduced the slapping.

Regards

Steve
s/y Dusk
sm #378