Re: Slap Silencer

eric freedman

Hi Steve,
I see your hull number is very close to mine. Forward of the Calpeda AC Pump close to the bilge and the engine stringer should be a small white box with holes drilled in the top ad slats in the side. It is the high water alarm switch. Do you have this switch? If you do, is there a maker or model number on it?
If you could also send me photos and measurements , it would be greatly appreciated.
Are you the original owner?
Fair Winds,
Eric
SM 376 KImberlite

On July 6, 2020 at 2:01 AM "Steve Bell s/y Dusk SM378 via groups.io" <stevect@...> wrote:

Hi All .
An alternative to the noodle is to go to your local plumbing store and purchase  copper pipe insulation.

These are the same as a noodle but with a hole already through it, the material also seemed more dense than a common swiming pool noodle.

We did this on our previous boat and puy some light chain through the insualtion for weight.

I havent tried it on Dusk yet but will get around to it sometime in the future but it worked on our previous yacht although not a 100% it certainly reduced the slapping.

Regards

Steve
s/y Dusk
sm #378