Re: Boar speed om Amel SM200

Arno, you are correct, I should not have used the term, "if you are not racing."

I should have said, "if you want a simple solution that costs less than $200."😀

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Mon, Jul 6, 2020 at 4:51 PM Arno Luijten <arno.luijten@...> wrote:
Hi Bill,

I don’t agree with your statement you can do without a STW sensor if you are not racing. In my current location (Caribbean) this may be OK but my former cruising grounds (Western-Europe) it would be quite an omission to live without STW. When tidal currents are getting significant you really appreciate the information you get from the difference between SOG and STW. We’ve sailed in places where the tidal current can run up to 8 knots. You really want to know when the tide change.
So it’s very depending on your cruising grounds if you can do without a STW sensor.

regards,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121