Amel 54 - Fitting Solar Panels - Stern Arch

yachtcaduceus <yachtcaduceus@...>

Does anyone have experience of fitting a stern arch to an Amel 54, to carry solar panels. We have the Simpson Lawrence davits fitted. Subsequently we saw a very neat stern arch incorporating davits ontwo 54's but have no information about this custom modification.

I would also appreciate any experience from other owners about wind generators, mounting, coupling into exisiting charging systems etc.

We have owned our 54 for two years and sailed some 4,000 miles during that period. Overall we are very pleased with the choice that we made. We intend to depart on a slow circumnavigation in 2010. The main issue that I have at the present time is to provide enough alternative energy generation to power some of the regular load imposed by refrigeration etc.

Martin Bevan