Re: Dive Compressor on a SM

Bryce Procter

Hi,

I just picked up mine yesterday, didn't even look for a reason not too. Fun will be had long after the cost is forgotten.
Can you point me to the drawings you mentioned?

Cheers

Bryce
SV Seamaster II
SM 467

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 11:06 AM +0800, "Thomas Kleman" <lorient422@...> wrote:

OK- I have hull #422 (a red line) and each day I wistfully look at that un-used dive compressor breaker on the 220 volt panel and feel like it's talking to me. My wife and I are enthusiastic divers heading (hopefully) back to Polynesia where diving would be fun and not always close to a dive shop.
There is even a comprehensive design for a sliding drawer mounting in the aft  port cockpit lazarette I like on this very site. I am in Hawaii, have access to Home Depot and shipping (the Bauer Jr II) comes from Seattle ...it's all so tempting.

The logical part of my brain, however reminds me that it's noisy, represents another system to maintain, $5000 to buy and install myself, and would doubtless raise the cost of diving based on my accounting driven cost per tank assumptions and those I've read done by others.

But I kind of want it. Anyone out there with some bit of pessimism or wisdom to stop me ?

Tom and Kirstin
SV L'ORIENT
Honelei Bay, Kauai