Re: New Thread on A54 fridge pumps (ATTN: OLIVER Vela Nautica)

Porter McRoberts

As with the heart, the condition of the arteries predicts the condition of the pump?
I'm sure we've all changed many an old seawater line. Lime and scale.  Marine atherosclerosis.
I’m no cardiologist, but surely the resistance in the system would influence pump failure as well.
How might we measure this without a bloodpressure cuff?

I bet we're not 120/80.

Porter McRoberts
A54-152

On Jul 10, 2020, at 9:09 AM, Dean Gillies <stella@...> wrote:

Hi Ruedi,
Hope you and Sabine are well, and enjoying sailing once more.

I agree entirely with your description of the Danfoss-E51385 interface.

To make it maybe a little clearer, in our 24V boat the F pin is driven to +12V to enable the pump. Otherwise it floats (is disconnected) electrically. When it is driven to 12V, then the voltage between the + pin and the F pin is 24-12 = 12V. This is what triggers either the 51385 box or Bill's 12V relay.

As you say, all of this is unrelated to the pump longevity problem.

Best regards
Dean