Re: Hardtop for Amel 54

Barry Connor

Hi Mohammed,

Thank you for the info, Unfortunately I will not be going to the US for some time. My thoughts are that we are going to be here for some time. I really like the hardtop on Caduceus, I will look into this, will need a stainless steel welder, a fibre glass moulder and a canvas/sail maker. Could be a challenge here in Le Marin! By that I mean that getting work done is a challenge and slow, took 3 months to get 4 brackets made for my new lift up windscreens, The early 54's only had one hydraulic lift arm on each lift up screens at 300N, I am changing to two hydraulic lift arms per screen as per your 54 at 170N each.
If I was still in Greece I would be able to find these workers, Preveza has a young chap, very good at stainless work.

The hardtop on Ruedi and Sabina's Amel 54 might be insulated. Contact Ruedi and he will give you all the info. It looks very well made.

Very Best

Barry and Penny
"SV Lady Penelope II"
Amel 54. #17
Sainte Anne anchorage Martinique

On Saturday, July 11, 2020, 5:13:42 PM EDT, Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...> wrote:

Hi Barry;

Caduceus’ hard top was made in Norfolk West Virginia.

What did you think of the Emek installation? Do you know if it was insulated and how it has performed so far?

Happy Sailing;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

AMEL 54 #099