Re: Dessalator fresh water rinse - leak?

Porter McRoberts

Agree Bill on the solenoid. Not to difficult to take apart and clean.

Porter A54-152.

Excuse the errors.
Sent from my IPhone
Www.fouribis.net

On Jul 13, 2020, at 7:16 PM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

Most likely a sticking solenoid. If you run the water maker frequently you should contact Dessalator.com for a new one. If you haven't run it for a while, monitor it and replace if it continues.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020, 5:20 PM Stefan Schaufert <mail@...> wrote:

Dear Amelians,

today I had a wierd situation with my duo D 100.

After turning it off, it did the fresh water rinse like usual, but did not stop.

I checked for a leak (in the entire boat) but there is no leak and no open tap.

I closed the fresh water valve for the water maker, the rinsing stops.

I opened the valve, then the fresh water pump starts again (with rinsing).

During the process of making water there is no problem, the fresh water pump is not running.

Thus now I have to close the valve every time after using the water maker.

That is possible, but not like it should be.

Btw: If I open the fresh water valve for the water maker again (at least) 1 hour later, the pressure is (mostly) stable, no pump is running.

What could be the reason/ problem?
The solenoid (parallel to the filter)?

Thx a lot for your help.

Stefan
LADY CHARLYETTE, AMEL 54 N119, currently 40 miles to Aruba