Re: Possible damage from transport ships stacks. Has anyone experienced?

Thomas Kleman

This is second hand so take it for what it's worth. My wife and I encountered an Amel owner in the Carib 7-8 years ago who had shipped their boat and suffered tremendous damage from smokestack ash throughout the entire boat (inside and out). It had been unfortunately positioned downwind of the ship's exhaust for 3 weeks. The boat was permeated with soot....they claimed even inside the compass (which I find not believable) but they were knee deep in litigation. Sorry for painting this image for you.

Tom and Kirstin
SM2K 422
Kauia