Re: Dessalator fresh water rinse - leak?

Matt Salatino

You’re an excellent example. Do you leave the boat for any extended period? If so, how do you store the watermaker?

On Jul 14, 2020, at 5:11 PM, Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...> wrote:

When we were getting familiar with Kokomo, I had discussed when the back flush was necessary with Martin at Dessalator.  He stated that it is unnecessary to back flush after making water, if you intend to make more water withing the next 7 days. He mentioned that it is a waste of 25 liters of water. When we are on board, about 5-6 months every year, we almost never back flush since we only fill the tank with dessalator water, and therefore never go beyond the 7 days.

Our original membranes are still functioning fine after 12 years and almost 600 hours of water maker run time. The water made is usually below 250 PPM.

Happy Sailing;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

AMEL 54 #099