Re: Possible damage from transport ships stacks. Has anyone experienced?

Dennis Johns

We shipped Libertad from Thailand to Turkey using Sevenstar and from Panama to Ensenada using United Yacht Transport.  In both cases we were advised to remove all sails and canvas which we did.  When the boat arrived they were indeed filthy from a combination of soot and misc soils but there was no damage because of the soils.

Dennis Johns
Libertad
Maramu 121

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 9:03 PM Porter McRoberts via groups.io <portermcroberts=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Ladies and Gents.

A quick question if you would. We’re in the midst of shipping our Amel out of NZ with Sevenstar.   Incidentally the delivery skipper encountered the marina manager who relayed multiple horror stories of transport ship’s smokestack ash and embers causing severe burns to sails, canvas sailboat decks etc. Needless to say I was taken aback. This was never discussed in our pregame !!!
Has anyone else encountered such issues?

I’d really appreciate any input.

Many thanks.

Porter

A54-152.