Climma compressor turning off randomly

Billy Newport

Settling in to our new (to us) Amel 55#56. Twice now, the AC compressor has shutdown, no lights, like dead. Air handlers still work, boat is on shore power (US waters, boat is Euro 220v). All systems on shore power appear to be fine.

The fix is to turn off and on the clima system on the AC breaker box in the engine room. Turn it off and then on and the compressor and electronics immediately come on. The LED display shows the usual numbers and then the boat starts cooling down.

How can I figure out whats causing the compressor/AC unit to shutdown like that?