Re: Vintage Maramu dinghy stowage

James Alton

Miles,

   We found a Ribeye 2.6 aluminum RIB that fits beautifully on the aft cabin top between the back of the mizzen mast and the mizzen traveller.   The mizzen vang however does need to be detached to fit it. With one person aboard the dinghy will partially plane out with a Honda 2.3 hp 4 stroke.  We have a Mercury 9.9 2 stroke that we want to try on the dinghy. We like the dinghy a lot, as it is stable and  quite light.  Personally I feel that a dinghy on the foredeck would restrict the forward view too much but if you want a larger dinghy there are not many other options.

James
SV Sueño
Maramu #220

On Jul 15, 2020, at 2:15 PM, smiles bernard via groups.io <smilesbernard@...> wrote:

Hi there

I’d be really interested to hear of others Maramu dinghy choice wrt stowage
The transom of the Maramu is quite a bit narrower than the SM and later models - as such davits don’t feel right as any dink would overhang the sides If the boat a lot

Plus I have a much treasured Hydrovane on the back

We currently carry an inflatable and also a nesting affair I made

The nesting dinghy stows Inverted under the mizzen boom but that space is not big enough for the inflatable which I pack up and stow in the fwd locker

Really interested in the options people have explored.

Does anyone mount their dinghy right side up on the deck on the foredeck? I’ve seen a few SMs with this setup but feels tight re space on the Maramu

All the very best

Miles
Maramu 162

Looks like we are heading off as