Chest freezer on keel cooling not keeping up so much

Billy Newport

My 55#56 has a chest freezer which has both keel and air cooling systems. I was on the keel cooled and with the water temp now 27C, it is unable to get the freezer temp under about 25F. The air freezer gets the temps down to 0F comfortably and I'm now using the air freezer.

Is the keel cooler expected to perform in warmer water (I'm thinking in the med and caribbean) and I can't help but think of course has to be the answer otherwise, whats the point so I must be missing a trick here.

Amel 55#56, Coder in Jersey City, NJ