Re: 110 HP Yanmar raw water pump access

eric freedman

Had you seen the solution Amel came up for that problem?
they flipped over the intercooler upside down and made a bracket to hold it up aft of the engine.
I will try to send a photo.
Eric Sm 376 Kimberlite

On July 18, 2020 at 8:58 PM "karkauai via groups.io" <karkauai@...> wrote:

I know a few SMo have repowered with the Yanmar 4JH4HTE.  The raw water pump is on the aft/starboard side next to the fuel tank. It's almost impossible for me to change the impeller without removing hoses and alternator, and even then it's hours of struggling and cussing before it's done.
I'm writing to ask others if they are having the same problem, and how they deal with it.  I'm considering removing that impeller and putting in a remote raw water pump. Previously mechanics have discouraged me from doing that, but I'm at wits end.

Any advice, thoughts, etc are greatly appreciated.

Kent
SM243
Kristy