Re: 110 HP Yanmar raw water pump access

karkauai

Eric, Mark, and Bill,
Thanks for all the great suggestions. I am going to take all of them and keep the boat.

Mark, I have the impeller removal tool, but the last mechanic put it in backwards...Grrrr.

Thanks again,
Kent

On Jul 18, 2020 8:58 PM, "karkauai via groups.io" <karkauai@...> wrote:
I know a few SMo have repowered with the Yanmar 4JH4HTE.  The raw water pump is on the aft/starboard side next to the fuel tank. It's almost impossible for me to change the impeller without removing hoses and alternator, and even then it's hours of struggling and cussing before it's done.
I'm writing to ask others if they are having the same problem, and how they deal with it.  I'm considering removing that impeller and putting in a remote raw water pump. Previously mechanics have discouraged me from doing that, but I'm at wits end.

Any advice, thoughts, etc are greatly appreciated.

Kent
SM243
Kristy