Thanks a lot!!
Best regards,
Helen and Kostas

On 19 Jul 2020, at 4:00 PM, John Clark <john.biohead@...> wrote:

My friend here in St Thomas has SM #24. He also has the aluminum drive.   Didier in Martinique rebuilt his drive a couple of years ago.  I will forward this to him and see if he has any insight.

Regards,  John

SV Annie SM 37
St Thomas USVI

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 11:31 AM CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:
I did not understand your original email.

Apparently, you have the original aluminum C-Drive. I have never seen one of these. Someone told me that Amel replaced these. I do not know if that replacement story is accurate or not.

I do not believe that I can help you.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 10:11 AM Helen and Kostas Yuvanidi <helenmi57@...> wrote:
I’m sending the plans Maud sent me. It’s not exactly like any of them.
We’ve measured the difference between the aluminum and the fibreglass and it’s 3mm, but again there is nothing to hold an O-ring in place.

Many thanks,
Helen and Kostas Meditation SM 29 in 1990

On 17 Jul 2020, at 6:04 PM, Helen and Kostas Yuvanidi via groups.io <helenmi57=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the prompt reply!
Unfortunately ours is different and doesn’t have the O rings , or any likely place to put one. I’m sending you photos to see what ours is like. On looking at the plans Amel sent us our set up is not exactly those either. We have bolts to fix it in place which are inserted from under the fibreglass part, shown in one of the photos.
It might be possible to put an O-Ring around the aluminum part which inserts slightly into the fibreglass, only there is nothing there to hold it in place, any ideas will be very much appreciated!!
Thanks again
Helen and Kostas on Meditation SM 29 of 1990

<image0.jpeg>
<image1.jpeg>

On 17 Jul 2020, at 4:54 PM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

The drawing shows 2 each "Joint Toriques" which is an O-Ring. Follow this link.

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 8:31 AM Helen and Kostas Yuvanidi <helenmi57@...> wrote:

We are having trouble with the seal between the transmission and the rest of the drive unit after having it serviced. The oil leaked out between the transmission box and the fibreglass part of the drive unit. The machine shop had used a paper gasket and some sort of red sealant. We are on anchor so are trying to do it ourselves.
We took it apart and resealed it , it leaked again after about 4 hrs motoring. We had used a high Temperature RTV gasket maker but no paper gasket because we thought that that was the way it was originally.
We have the plans from Amel, but it is not clear if there should be a paper gasket.
Should we try to find card to cut a gasket or try again with the RTV gasket maker? The fibreglass part is not in a very good condition.

Helen and Kostas on Meditation SM 29 of 1990