Re: Possible damage from transport ships stacks. Has anyone experienced?

Porter McRoberts

Thank you for all the comments and suggestions. Our Ibis is prepared for the worst despite multiple attempts to allay concern. Better safe than sorry! I’ll relay our success or failures.

Porter
A54-152

Excuse the errors.
Sent from my IPhone
Www.fouribis.net

On Jul 19, 2020, at 1:16 PM, Doug Smith via groups.io <dugsmith98=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Porter,
We just unloaded from a transatlantic shipment, Palma to Ft Lauderdale, and left the main and mizzen in place. All other canvas removed, and no real issues besides the salt, and general dust from sitting on a transport ship. And of course the recent Saharan dust storm that crossed the atlantic with it. And of course the locusts and plague...2020...

Doug Smith
S/V Aventura, Amel 54-113
Deltaville, VA USA

On 7/14/20, 12:03 AM, "Porter McRoberts via groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io on behalf of portermcroberts=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Ladies and Gents.

A quick question if you would. We’re in the midst of shipping our Amel out of NZ with Sevenstar. Incidentally the delivery skipper encountered the marina manager who relayed multiple horror stories of transport ship’s smokestack ash and embers causing severe burns to sails, canvas sailboat decks etc. Needless to say I was taken aback. This was never discussed in our pregame !!!
Has anyone else encountered such issues?

I’d really appreciate any input.

Many thanks.

Porter

A54-152.