Re: Volvo oil pressure sensor

Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown

I can order it online from Gwen. I also now see that it is available online from Volspec in the UK https://www.volvopentashop.com/volspec/en-GB

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98 - Grenada

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of CW Bill Rouse
Sent: 21 July 2020 00:18
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Notification <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Volvo oil pressure sensor

The contact info I have for Gwen is:

Gwen Marine Service in France
commande@... 

+33 05.46.41.68.41 

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 

View My Training Calendar

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 11:00 AM Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...> wrote:

It took us a month to figure out and had to ship to many different places in Greece, before we could put our hands on it. When it comes to electrical parts that may have been modified, it is best to contact Volvo France and Amel. The main Volvo factory is completely unaware of the modifications.

Happy Sailing;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

AMEL 54 #099

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown via groups.io
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2020 8:55 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io

Mohammad,

Many thanks for your very swift reply! I wish I had known that before shipping the part to Grenada . Next time I want to order a part from Volvo I’ll tell them its an Amel!

Cheers,

Paul

Cheers,

Paul

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mohammad Shirloo
Sent: 20 July 2020 19:44

Hi Paul. We had the same exact issue.

Volvo sends their standard non-isolated engine to Volvo France, which does the ground isolation for Amel. This process does not get recorded to the serial number of the engine. Therefore, if you order a part from the serial number that Volvo France has changed, you will receive the wrong part.

The correct part number is 863169 CAPTEUR PRESSION. We ordered from Gwen Marine Service in France as recommended by Amel. They were 78 Euros each, 3 years ago. We also ordered a spare.

Happy Sailing;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

AMEL 54 #099

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown via groups.io
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2020 8:35 AM
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Volvo oil pressure sensor

Hi all,

I ordered a replacement oil pressure sensor from a UK Volvo dealer, Volspec. The engineer on the boat who was to do the replacement (as I am not on the boat at present) tells me the part sent is incorrect as it has only one connector pin whereas the old one that was removed has two. Volspec insists that the part is correct.

My engine is a D3-110i-C, 2008 model

The sensor p/n is 3545696

I would be interested to know if anyone has had any similar experience, or would be able to confirm if the sensor has 1 or 2 pins.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Paul

--
Cheers
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

--
Cheers
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

--
Cheers
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.