From: David Wallace <svairops@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: [Amel] anyone know what Amel installed as reefing winch on older Maramu?
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, July 16, 2009, 12:46 PM

Dave,
The winch was a 16ST and was just for reefing, mounted bottom aft on the main mast on an aluminum bracket.  We removed it and the bracket when we installed our furling main.  The winch mounts with 5 studs in a pentagon pattern, the mounting bolts are 1/4".  The Lewmar catalog says "5x M6 (1/4 in) c'sk head screws on 94mm (3 11/16") PCD".  Hope this helps.
Dave
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
From: dave_benjamin@yahoo.com
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 12:09:18 -0700

                  David,Ours has a conventional main so it's a small winch just for reefing. But maybe it's the same. Never know. Thanks! I'll check the secondhand store to see if they have one I can compare mounting holes with.

From: David Wallace <svairops@hotmail.com>

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com

Date: Thursday, July 16, 2009, 10:02 AM

Dave,

Air Ops had a Lewmar 16 on the main mast for furling.

Dave Wallacesv Air OpsMaramu #104