Re: A 55 # 9 : Chargeing and mastershunts

Craig Briggs

Hi Ken,
While you say, "Thank you Bill (Rouse) for a fact I didn't know, and I don't think that most Amel owners were aware of: That Amel suggests owners to run the genset every time the bow thruster is used.", Amel absolutely did not suggest that to SN owners regarding their bow thrusters. Frankly, I kinda wonder about it for other models, too. If I'm using the BT for a long time (like fighting a cross wind)  I may rev up the engine in neutral but not for just nudging into a slip with short bursts. I would posit that the boats are designed to be able to use the BT for normal docking without having to run the genset.
Cheers, Craig