Re: A 55 # 9 : Chargeing and mastershunts

James Watkins

I have a Maramu hull 185 undergoing a refit and wonder if anyone has a source for a rub rail replacement.  There are some going to be made for a Super Maramu and I was wondering if the Maramu is the same.  Thanks

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Craig & Katherine Briggs SN 68 Sangaris Tropic Isle Harbor, FL via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2020 6:39 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] A 55 # 9 : Chargeing and mastershunts

Hi Ken,
While you say, "Thank you Bill (Rouse) for a fact I didn't know, and I don't think that most Amel owners were aware of: That Amel suggests owners to run the genset every time the bow thruster is used.", Amel absolutely did not suggest that to SN owners regarding their bow thrusters. Frankly, I kinda wonder about it for other models, too. If I'm using the BT for a long time (like fighting a cross wind)  I may rev up the engine in neutral but not for just nudging into a slip with short bursts. I would posit that the boats are designed to be able to use the BT for normal docking without having to run the genset.
Cheers, Craig