Re: Fuel tank inspection

michael winand

Hi Pat,
 I have just been through the process, on sm251, we only have the sender opening,  I sucked out all the fuel  through the filters with my vacume extraction,  opened up the outlet , put a light into the tank, I used a rag on a stick to wipe what I could, it was one of those job's that didn't really need to be done,  it was really clean, a small amount of dark colored somthing on the bottom. About the size of a saucer.
Just a thought before cutting the top for inspection openings.
Michael  NEBO

On Thu, 23 Jul. 2020 at 11:01 am, Patrick McAneny via groups.io
<sailw32@...> wrote:
I want to clean my fuel tank, I can only see one small cap that I assume is for the sending unit. Before I tear off the foam cover glued to the tank looking for a larger inspection port, I thought I would ask if one exists on the top of the tank.
 Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans