Re: A 55 # 9 : Chargeing and mastershunts

Courtney Gorman

Randall For two seasons I ran my bow thruster  with just the battery’s almost never starting the generator before using. that huge draw on the batteries sent them to the morgue years sooner than they should’ve died

On Jul 23, 2020, at 8:37 AM, Randall <sailingalbedo@...> wrote:

OK i will ask as I have semi new dead Batteries and was hoping to make it to Florida before refit. Love to know the story.

Randall
A54#56
Gibraltar

Virus-free. www.avg.com

On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 2:08 PM Courtney Gorman via groups.io <Itsfun1=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
biggest problem with not starting the Gen is that you significantly shorten the life of your lead acid or gel batteries I'm not sure about lithiums just ask me how I know.........after killing 12 lead acid in just 2 seasons
Courtney
Trippin
54 #101 

-----Original Message-----
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Notification <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Jul 22, 2020 10:53 am
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] A 55 # 9 : Chargeing and mastershunts

Craig, I have known Amel to "learn" and add recommendations that did not exist 30 years ago. I don't know when the generator recommendation started, but it in fact does exist.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse 
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com 
Yacht School Calendar: www.preparetocastoff.blogspot.com/p/calendar.html

On Wed, Jul 22, 2020, 9:15 AM Craig & Katherine Briggs SN 68 Sangaris Tropic Isle Harbor, FL via groups.io <sangaris=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi John,
I stand corrected, thanks.

That you must leave the helm, go below and take, what?, 2-3 minutes to fire everything up, then return to begin docking strikes me as a procedure destined to be ignored.

Be that as it may, I can say with absolute certainty that Amel never gave that instruction for the SN ;-)
Cheers, Craig

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.