Re: A54: Cable length between main mast head and chart table

Sv Garulfo

Hi all,

We have now installed the new antenna and vhf rg-8x cable from Glomex.

We bought the 30m of pre-crimped cable and it turns out 25m would work too, as we measured the minimum length with reasonable slack and bends to be 24.5m.

Best,

Thomas
GARULFO
A54-122
Tahiti

On 10 Feb 2020, at 07:16, S/V Garulfo <svgarulfo@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Does anyone know the precise length of cable required to go from the top of the main mast to the chart table through the standard conduit on the Amel 54? For instance for the VHF antenna cable.

I’m considering using an pre-crimped FME-terminated RG-8x VHF cable and I need to select the correct length.

A contact at Pochon said « probably » 25m and a trusted owner said maybe 28m.

Thanks
Thomas
GARULFO
A54-122