Re: Masse negative leak

ngtnewington Newington

Thanks everyone for your advice. I am anchored of Mikanos and it is cranking up to 40kn. My spade anchor is holding but I am reluctant to start taking cables off the battery switch. However I have made a thick plastic insulator cover that I have taped over the positive cables terminals to the red handle switch. So I can now work safely in the compartment.
We plan to sail for Patmos tomorrow where the Meltemi tends to blow with less ferocity.
I shall track it all down and post the results, but I have a feeling it will take time unless I get lucky.
Nick
S/Y Amelia
AML54-019 Greece

On 25 Jul 2020, at 17:07, Lior Keydar <lior246@...> wrote:

Dear Nick

I had also electrical leak that came from the bow thruster. It came, like Thomas wrote, from the carbon dust. I opened the cover of the bow thruster, cleaned it with a small clean painting brush and it solved the problem.

Best
Lior A54 #18