Re: Rub Rail insert

Bill Hall

Hi Pat,
Bill Hall, looking to be an Amel owner.   Do you plan to leave the rub rail die with the vender?   You could also place it with Bill Rouse.  Future rub rail orders could contribute for using the die.  Would benefit many.
Just a thought.

On Sat, Jul 25, 2020 at 4:16 PM Patrick McAneny via groups.io <sailw32=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Rob, Maude at Amel said I needed two 16 meter pieces, which is  52.5 feet ,so I am going to purchase two 53 ft. lengths or 106 ft. The 104 came from a post I read months ago and is too short. To follow Gary’s suggestion, I guess you could  push the insert every foot after installed to compress it . I also will leave a couple inches at the stern end run long and install permanently and make final cut when the temperature cools to 40 or 50 F. If you decide to join in the group buy email personally with your info. We should try to reduce posts to the Amel site.
Thanks,
Pat
Shenanigans #123