Re: Onan Generator exhaust temperature switch - great price.

Mark Pitt

Eric,

I will order one.  I have never had an issue with mine but you never know.  Thanks for doing this.
Best,
Mark
Sabbatical III, Sm#419, Rhode Island, USA

On Jul 29, 2020, at 1:13 AM, eric freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:

 Mike,
These are simple thermal switches. They are normally closed.
If the circuit opens up the genset stops.
My problem is sometimes they burn out and other times I hit the switch and it separates.
Fair Winds,
Eric

On July 28, 2020 at 10:41 PM "Mike Longcor (SV Trilogy)" <svtrilogy53@...> wrote:

Thanks Eric. Sent you a message with order details.

When these fail, go bad, or break, how do you know? Does it prevent the genset from starting/running? Or does it allow the genset to overheat if there are issues with the cooling system (broken impeller for example) and potentially damage things?

Cheers,
Mike Longcor
SV Trilogy SM23
Opua, NZ