Breaker Panel Label Back Lights

David Crisp

Sharing some info' for the benefit of those folks who are wanting to fix the back lights that illuminate the breaker panel labels.

Almost none of the LED’s back lighting the breaker panel labels on my Amel 54 were working.  I was going to buy individual LEDs and fit fresh myself but in the event Amel provided complete replacement PCBs (with LEDs mounted) – thank you Sonja.

What I did learn from an electrician who has fitted individual replacement LEDs is that they are ~3.2V 1.0 – 1.2 cd (depends how bright you want them) blue LEDs he thinks they each draw about 20mA.

The electrician spent a day changing all the blue LED for red at the request of an owner.

For each label there is a pair of LED and resistor fitted in series. This means only one LED needs to fail and a pair will stop working.

An individual LED costs ~1Euro.

--
David Crisp
SV Wilna Grace