Re: Color code of hull Amel 54

Brent Cameron

Thanks Alexander.  I fully agree and have had the pleasure of spending a couple of months cumulatively crewing on various Amel’s on long passages (all SM’s but I’ve been on lots of Amel 54’s and love them too).  I can’t imagine buying another boat.

Thanks!

On Jul 29, 2020, 5:04 PM -0400, Alexander Hofmann <DACJ@...>, wrote:
Hi Brent
This 'Gold Line' has been more or less a design study applied on the A54 for the future Amel boats, that I never would have bought. I rely on the 25 years experience of Amel with Santorin to A54, inorporating tons of experiences of cruising sailors. I have been one of the last üpotential new boat buyers of A54, but the new ones came surpringly fast. So I bought a 3 year old 'gold line'.
I like the design, it is a more mordern and 'younger' touch, but it is not more indeed as a Gold/sand line instead of red and a number of design and light features inside. Nothing concerning basic principes of Amel, saftey or performance of the ship.
I did only use the term 'fist gold line' on SY Oceanica I Amel54#156 because Carina did use it for SY Ultimo Amel54#165.
Can only encourage you, Brent, to stay with Super Maramu or A54, if you want to go round our beautiful planet in a most safe way. The Amel way.
The newer Amel boart are good, for sure, but made for a newer clientel which is relevant today on the boat markets, and not anmore the old Amel dinosaurs ... like me. :-)
All the best
Alexander

--
Brent Cameron