Re: Onan Generator exhaust temperature switch - great price.

karkauai

Hi Eric,
Cancel my order, mine are normally open. I have a 1999 6.5KW MDKAL Onan. I guess that means if they fail to close, my engine gets hot and doesn't shut down. Both times mine failed closed and the engine would start up and immediately shut down. Once it was intermittent and difficult to diagnose.

Thanks anyway, and cancel the three I ordered.  If it's too late, let me know.  If your guy can make the normally open ones, I'd be interested.

Kent
SM 243
Kristy

On Jul 29, 2020 1:13 AM, eric freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:
Mike,
These are simple thermal switches. They are normally closed.
If the circuit opens up the genset stops.
My problem is sometimes they burn out and other times I hit the switch and it separates.
Fair Winds,
Eric

On July 28, 2020 at 10:41 PM "Mike Longcor (SV Trilogy)" <svtrilogy53@...> wrote:

Thanks Eric. Sent you a message with order details.

When these fail, go bad, or break, how do you know? Does it prevent the genset from starting/running? Or does it allow the genset to overheat if there are issues with the cooling system (broken impeller for example) and potentially damage things?

Cheers,
Mike Longcor
SV Trilogy SM23
Opua, NZ