Re: Rub rail purchase

eric freedman

Is this a semi rigid material or a rubbery material?

Fair Winds,

Eric

On July 29, 2020 at 8:55 PM eric freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:

Hi Craig,
I will be happy to order the rail insert once i can confirm it is the one that is on Kimberlite.
I only need a very small piece. One foot would be fine.
My email is Kimberlite@...
Fair Winds
Eric
sm 376

On July 29, 2020 at 6:23 PM "Craig & Katherine Briggs via groups.io" <sangaris@...> wrote:

Hi Eric,
Not to step on a reply from Pat, but today I visited the company, Techno Rubber to go over "our" order. I took my entire starboard side insert and they had Pat's sample. While there, we had a conference call with Pat with the sample inserts sitting in the office so we could discuss them. They have their extrusion dies made by an outside supplier, which is being done now, based on the sample Pat sent them. (These are not pre-defined "models" but custom machined steel dies.)  The die should be back next week and they will run off a few feet, sending some to Pat and I'll pick one up, too (I am close to the shop). After Pat and I check them for any needed fine tuning, we'll give the OK for full length runs.

I was very favorably impressed - this is a small but substantial and very credible family owned operation with three extrusion lines of about 100' each making all sorts of similar extruded products.

There is no question of having the "correct model" - as noted it is custom (no "model #") and Pat and I will check it out. Of course, we can send you a foot or so. If you can commit it would be great so we can share the die cost.  Let us know, please.

ANY OTHER SM OR SN OWNERS WANTING TO REPLACE THEIR (scuzzy, UV damaged, oxidized and ugly) RUB RAIL INSERTS - NOW'S THE TIME!  Let Pat (or me) know, please.

The new ones will be white, (not the original Amel baby diaper brown) - the same as the standard extruded rub rails on pilings and docks that you see everywhere.

Cheers, Craig
SN68 Sangaris, Tropic Isle Harbor, FL